What's 2017 all about? Well, so far Gemma has co-hosted Big Church Day Out North & South, including interviewing her childhood hero Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child, "this was a huge honour for me, what an inspirational woman with a Christlike heart of gold!"
Gemma has also just finished filming Series 5 of 'Swashbuckle' which will be out later this year for another 26 episodes of 'rip roaring pirate fun'. There are also some fun pirate songs that Gem and the pirates have recorded and filmed that will keep going around your heads, watch this space for their release online. Also, you can now stay in a Swashbuckle themed bedroom at the CBeebies Land Hotel at Alton Towers, how cool is that?!
During August Gemma is filming for a new faith-based show for CBeebies, called 'Treasure Champs' where she will take on the role of a storyteller of some beautiful stories for pre-schoolers.
And the BIG news of the year is that Gemma will be appearing in Panto again this year - oh yes she will - playing Tiger Lily in Peter Pan at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury
- Gemma appeared over Easter at 'The Big Start' at Spring Harvest in Minehead, week 3
- The new Alpha Film Series launched on 14th April
- SWASHBUCKLE Series 4 was filmed in Manchester in April/May
- Gemma co-hosted the Main Stage at The Big Church Day Out on the 28th & 29th May
- Gem was at Stockeld Park on Sunday 14th August
- Gem joined the CBeebies team at the Royal Albert Hall for the CBeebies Prom on Sunday 28th & Monday 29th August. Watch Gem and friends in a wonderful concert with the BBC Concert Orchestra on BBC iPlayer
2015 was a busy year for Gemma; performing on the Mr Tumble and Friends' Circus Tour, filming Swashbuckle Series 3, travelling the world filming for the Alpha Film Series and performing in the CBeebies Panto 'Alice in Wonderland'.
But the BIGGEST news of the year was that Swashbuckle won a BAFTA for Best Entertainment show at the Children's BAFTA's in November! "Huge congratulations to all involved, I am so proud of you all me hearties! Gem x"